PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tailwheel in Wiltshire?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 11:06
Genghis the Engineer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Mirage962
Hopefully it'll be Imperial College London, but depending on A level results it may be Bristol.. Either way I'll probably carry on flying in the Salisbury area. There is a gliding club in the Bristol area which sounds very tempting, but I'd also like to keep up the powered flying if I can.
I'd strongly advise keeping your social life, including your flying, as close to the university as possible (I speak both as an ex student, and somebody who has been a university lecturer - you'll damage the university experience badly by doing lots back at home). If you're likely to be at IC, then look at the Imperial College gliding club who fly from Lasham, or if you can get in London UAS who fly from Bensen even better.

If neither of those work out, there are various flying clubs around London, also, few are very cheap. The best bet for cheap flying is probably Popham - various inexpensive syndicates and rental aeroplanes there (Ppruner "Irv" is the best chap for current knowledge) which is a long walk or short cycle from Micheldever Station, which is an easy train ride out from the centre of London.

G