PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 08:52
low-and-loud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, if you would confirm the area where you live those of us here could at least try to avoid it, if at all possible. If you don't, how can you expect anyone to do anything? Or do you really expect us to tell our customers that we can't fly them because their business trip isn't seen worthwhile or necessary by some bloke who's just moved into a house near Epsom?
Epsom/Ashtead. I never asked or expected you to tell your customers anything.

What about your trip to work - is that worthwhile or necessary? What if an objector to your commuter or pleasure vehicle, be it car or motorcycle told you that if you're not driving a fire engine or ambulance, to stay off the roads? Why don't you go by bicycle or horse? What about the poisonous methanol fumes and the noise from your radio controlled helicopter - are they really necessary?
I have been in a similar position to you guys and lost, so I know what it is like to be hounded away from the hobby you enjoy (I know you are not all hobbyists but you get my point). My model heli is electric as I think that petrol ones are too noisy to fly around here - and no that is not a dig, but a simple fact.

You cannot really compare commuting by "normal" vehicle to commuting by heli, if I need to explain why then there really is no hope........