PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 08:36
low-and-loud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey Shy, you really are anti anti

So you already had an objection to helicopter noise, above other noises. Or did you not? If so, what steps, i.e. "everything reasonable" did you take to avoid the noise problem? Or do you mean "did everything reasonable before we moved in to avoid" your financial and legal position?

I ask because you say this ongoing noise occurs every day and yet you also said that you spent many hours at the house before buying it. If so, the noise must have been apparent at the time and it must therefore have been obvious to you. The two statements just don't add up.
No existing objection to heli noise, it had never entered my conciousness. Objection to noise in general (trains, roads) so we chose this house as it does not have either. I was not refering to everything reasonable re financial/legal although obviously we did all we could but that was not enough, the solicitor is water tight so we cannot even sue them. We did everything reasonable re noise - yes we sat in the garden for an hour or so on many days and commented on how quiet it was. I am not saying no heli's went over but obviously we did not come on a bad day. We even came here at midnight a couple of weekends to see if the nearby alleyway casued drunken noise, it does not.

The heli noise in not terrible everyday, sometimes we only get 5 or so, a bad day is 20 ish. According to locals who have been here longer than me it has got worse (in their opinions) over the last couple of years.