PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 08:17
low-and-loud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you cannot change your situation, then letting what is a transient noise affect you so much, will affect your health. It IS a transient noise, it doesn't last long but the more YOU let it affect you, the more you will suffer.
"Letting" is too much of a simplification. It is impossible to block it out. The only thing that works is loud music which is not how I want to live my life. Transient in the technical sense, and yes it does not last for long but it is so loud, so random and so frequent at times. Some helis are a lot worse than others and hopefully if I post pics of the bad ones we can make some progress.

It has already negatively affected my health, I am currently undergoing couselling for it and the financial/legal issues. I fully understand that the heli problem is made worse by my personal situation but we are all human and react to the pressures of life. The worse the pressure the worse the reaction usually.

I think I have managed to get you all to understand what it is like to be overflown like this, and please dont forget that I am not the only person in this area who feels like this, there are hundreds of us and the numbers are rising.

I also get that this is your job, and you need the money like all of us, but at what cost to others? I am not criticising your choice of job but you must realise that what you do sometimes has negative effects on others (as well as many good things, especially air ambulance etc....) Which is where the discussion of the purpose of the flights needs to come in, not something I really want to get into.

I do appreciate the time you have all taken to criticise and support me and I hope that your opinion of the anti has not been made worse, we are not all nutters who take pot shots although sometimes I have felt it is my only option :-)

Can you tell me exactly where the beacons are in my area?