PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 07:49
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you see Cabin crew going down the back with a tray of meals covered by a tea towel or cloth it is their crew meals.

And no they should never ever give it to the passengers. It would be like going into their wallet and shouting them a meal in the terminal. They might work 4 legs and get the opportunity to eat the one meal provided to them and if there is not enough meals loaded for passengers then that's too bloody bad.

Crew meals are the same as money in the pay packet. Just as you wouldnt give that to a punter who had been short changed by management decisions, neither should you give up your crew meal.

Plain and simple. If a passenger misses out on a meal because the company deliberately short caters to save money then it is "management" that has to compensate them, not the crew with their salary or meals provided under their EBA entitlement.

Crew are sick and tired of constantly apologising for the tight ass management decision not to fully cater. I dont care in the slightest anymore. These decisions are made way above my head and i dont give a tinkers cuss if some fat ass misses out on a meal on a 4 hour flight. i might have done a 12 hour day and they are certainly not getting my meal and i am not shouting maccas in the terminal for them.

When a patient dies the doctor doesnt go to the funeral. Its called professional detachment. A few of my colleagues have got it down pat.

What i can do i give 1000%. What i cant do i follow company policy apologize and move on to the next sad sack who is waiting for their apology