PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 05:23
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I had the confidence in the industry to tell you,but I cannot help thinking that there are some on this board who would delight in making my life more miserable because I dare to speak out against what you obviously enjoy doing.
Gee thanks. You really believe that pilots have got nothing better to do than actually find your house and fly over it to annoy you? Oh please. You want advice but it cannot be given unless we know your location. As for "dare" to speak, I hope that is just a poor choice of words .

Yes, we enjoy flying but the very vast majority of pilots here are not hobby pilots but are doing it for a living; a job. Most were in the military at some time or another and now earn a crust doing the only thing they were trained to do.

No matter, it sounds like ShyT is right and you live by said radio beacons.

You may say this is because I have not got what I wanted.
What is it you do want? Unfortunately you have bought a house which you cannot sell and from which you can't escape that is on a heliroute/VRP for Battersea. You can't identify the helicopters. You won't disclose your location. What do you now expect anyone here to say?

I have asked ever person I have had contact with about this whether they would find it personally acceptable (MP's, CAA, enviro health, various heli ports, 2 operators). They have all declined to comment, what does that say?
It says that they are (apart from your MP) working in an official capacity and it's not their place to comment on what they would personally find acceptable or not.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
To change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

If you cannot change your situation, then letting what is a transient noise affect you so much, will affect your health. It IS a transient noise, it doesn't last long but the more YOU let it affect you, the more you will suffer. The human brain can quite easily block out sounds that it doesn't want to hear but you need to allow your brain to ignore the sound. I suspect that your difficulties with personal finances is manifesting itself in this helicopter hatred and that is where you have decided to channel your frustrations and anger. Pop-psych, I know but I thin you are going to have to find a way of dealing with your current lot rather than trying to fight it.

Cheers

Whirls