PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 05:09
Senior Pilot
Chief Bottle Washer

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
low-and-loud,

You will help yourself enormously on this Forum if you can wean away from a distrustful attitude. We welcome the fact that you have come here for assistance, but you are still replying with this sort of statement

I wish I had the confidence in the industry to tell you, but I cannot help thinking that there are some on this board who would delight in making my life more miserable because I dare to speak out against what you obviously enjoy doing.
ShyTorque has identified fairly well the area that you come from, and has given a good summary of what may be the problem. It is obviously up to you to accept the advice or not, but a better indication of the general area will do you no harm. It's not as if you are being asked to identify your house address, just the village would help!

No one here would even bother to come near your place out of spite, but may well be able to help by avoiding it if you are a bit more forthcoming. Since you have logged and photographed helicopters overflying, are you able to identify them as civil or military? Do they follow a set route, eg flying to and from a particular direction? This would help lend substance to ShyTorque's theory that they are flying via a navigation beacon and/or a reporting point: or even that you are at that reporting point

Trust is a two way street, and we can't do much unless you trust us to help you. It will be to everyone's advantage to do so