PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 04:03
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MS,
The Level D QTG basic requirements are very thin indeed. Most OEMs will go a bit further, because there are qualitiative tests to pass too. But there's a LOT more goes into validating the math models for specific engineering purposes than the basic sim models, and not all of that necessarily gets into the production sim.
For my money that is really valuable knowledge, thank you. So modeling is far more advanced in the specialized sims than the production D models, (the ones the airlines have to certify checkouts for new crews on new aircraft (to them) and to renew IFR and PPC qualifications. I've learned something new and I thank you all. Jeff, I stand corrected.

They'd certainly be able to review the manoeuvre post-session and tell you where you were in the interpolated aero data envelope, where it was extrapolated, and where it was likely nonsense.
That would be absolutely fascinating to see. It wasn't that difficult a maneuver - 250kts, a lot of push at the top and a gentle pull-through to avoid alpha-prot. I always wondered if it was "as if".

Given the chances of finding the recorders, (I still think they'll find them, and the main wreckage), and this capability, almost certainly, a number of scenarios have been run at Toulouse then.