PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2009, 00:34
ampclamp

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Firstly I wish to say "cheap" staff travel is a great thing but there are drawbacks too.With kids in tow I've elected to drive interstate rather than endure the stress of being bumped & stranded.QF hardly fly anywhere domestically worth a holiday anyway these days.
it is a lottery on whether you'll get out of it cheaper or not being stranded in a strange land. carting your partner and kids around without knowing you'll get on would be best described as "an adventure".

I used it domestically for the first time in ages recently and paid for the upgrade. Surely it would not be too much to ask if looking at the loads and listings and upgrade status that even a basic meal is available for a flt of around 4 hours?!
I feel for the crew explaining they've run out of meals.
It was bleeding obvious it was going to be a full ship both ways so why cant the tight ar$e$ actually cater it properly. We are filling empty seats for goodness sake.

Just a note to thank the cab crew who bent over backwards in papering over the cracks left by check in and catering.

Anyone tried using the phone for international travel? 2 hours on the blower. Lets just say not everyone does it from home.

I do think that planning farther ahead is the key and use of commercial tickets when discounts are there. Join the frequent flyer scheme , put all your credit card stuff and groceries on it.If you cant beat em join em.

AJ could certainly revamp the scheme.Quite a few I know dont use it and would trade it off for a small increase in wages or simply the availability of a guaranteed seat once or twice a year at a discount subject to loads as now.