PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 23:02
leeds 65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloody hell Fogg , your standards are a bit high there.its a bloody seat for gods sake.You are in the minority anyway.Most people would stand if they got to there destination for free.

Its a bit like this -
1.You get a taxi home in a crap old ford car - 20 quid
2.You get a limo home - 60 quid

Yes the limo might be a 'nicer' experience , but most people would rather just get to there destination modestly and spend the money they saved on booze,gambling,clothes,accomodation,rental car,restaurants etc.

especially in this climate , people will be more tight with there cash.

I suppose you loved the good ole days when it was a couple of hundred quid to get over the irish sea,and enjoy a 'class' experience.And get your little goody bag with crayollas and fun packs for the kids,and a free pillow.Well im afraid in this day and age of high mortgages,double income families,social pressure( ' people view having 2 cars a necessity !'),mad inflation,food cost rising,car park fees,mad school fees,utility costs,hair cuts for the kids etc etc . People are not willing to harp back to those days.Basically the majority are willing to trade 'class' for much lower cost.And it isnt just the 'lower classes'.People of all backgrounds have the attitude - 'why pay 125 quid to get to stansted,when i can pay 70?'

Simple , unless your loaded.But even so,its the principle for many people - even the wealthy.why pay more when i can pay less???