PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 22:30
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
staff travel is a privilege
Well N-BW,this is where the company and it's collaborators have it wrong...

When I started it was part of the employment package.....included in the advert for the position was the phrase.."and a generous staff travel package".

A friend of mine who when finishing uni was offered two positions with different companies.One was with our mob and the other was with a large computer software business...

The pay with us was substantially lower than the position with the software business.When he mentioned this he was told that it was lower but that with the airline he would get a "generous staff travel package".

Now,of course the company will tell us all now that it is a privilege and not a right....
As for last minute 'stressful' boarding moments - it's part of the deal albeit not nice....its like Jetstar PAX who pay $59 to Maroochydore and expect caviar and Dom on board!!
Keep it real...
How many times have we done this and when we get to the aircraft we find it only half full.....what was the need to do that?

I keep thinking it is a game to some of the ground staff and that they like to watch staff run for it....

This is all very similar to the banks when they started to install ATM's.They told us that they could reduce staff to save money and give their customers better and more efficient access to their money.

Now they are charging us to use them......

Sound familiar?

N-BW....I think it's you that should keep it real...