PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 22:29
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
super737,

I have travelled with KLM, on and off, for years and there came a time that I was travelling KBP to AMS with KLM except that I was ticketed with Ukraine International on a codeshare with KLM.

Despite travelling economy I had been entitled to UIA's business class lounge in KBP and had fallen out of there before departure with an intact bottle of beer in my pocket ..... as one does

When KLM came round with the trolley I asked for a beer only to have it explained to me that they no longer served alcohol in economy and despite there being a 'party' going on the other side of the curtain in business class.

With that I asked for just the plastic cup and, thereafter, poured and drank the one beer I had brought with me only to be 'bollocked' by the F/A for daring to consume alcohol in their economy class!

Had I been travelling with UIA, and I know the tricks, providing that I had ordered Slavutich beer the crew would be so complimented that I wanted to drink Ukrainian beer I could have had as many as I liked.

After that KLM experience not only did I boycott KLM but I wrote a complaint to UIA that if they are to codeshare then don't codeshare with such tin pot outfits as KLM etc.

When I eventually, through lack of choice, returned to KLM they had reintroduced alcohol in to economy class, in informal conversation with one of their stewards he had told me that bookings had been so down since the withdrawal of alcohol that KLM had been forced in to reintroducing it.

Likewise for FR, they can treat their customers like cattle, charge 7p or 8p per minute to wait on a telephone for hours that may never be answered, rip us off for stale sandwiches and warm beer, charge us whatever for going to the loo, seat us in an uncomfortable and putrid coloured seat that don't recline, advertise that we are flying to a city that we are flying nowhere near to etc. but ..... don't expect us to be returning anytime soon!

I hasten to add I have only flown with FR once, well twice allowing for there and back, and that is because my ultimate destination was Vasteras where only FR fly to. It was so bad that when I needed to return to Vasteras a matter of weeks later I preferred to fly to ARN and surface transport it across to Vasteras.