PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 21:20
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but bragging about altering a poll trying to help people who are seriously affected by this issue is not the behaviour I would expect from professionals.
And if I'm not mistaken, one of the founders of the Anti-Helicopter Coalition (the poll to which you refer) took to taking pot-shots at helicopters with a rifle. So altering a poll rather pales into insignificance in the "maturity" stakes. It also highlighted the rather Mugabe-esque manner in which the poll was being conducted.

bit of a quiet oasis in Surrey.
I am in congested area
...er, which is it? Having been born in Surrey, it's not a county I would equate with a peaceful, rural idyll. However, if you are in an isolated little hamlet, a pilot probably thinks it preferable to annoy just the few people in that small place (most of whom would be working in the City anyway ) rather than those in a larger village. And if these are different aircraft with different pilots, it is not unfeasible that they could all come to the same conclusion.

Personal irritations are always sujective; I object to neighbours who think gardening by torchlight is an appropriate activity but hey, live and let live; they're probably not fans of the banjo. But there are probably very few places in the UK where you get total peace and quiet.

Your only real course of action is to have a word with the owners/operators. If you can't see the registration (which does indicate that height is sufficient), then you could try to identify the type - that would narrow it down. However, please bear in mind that there isn't a great deal of open airspace in Surrey. You wouldn't happen to live South West of Battersea would you?

The vast majority of operators and pilots ARE aware of noise and try to abate it; it's part of our training and code of conduct. If you are "affected" by it to the extent you claim, then maybe you need to consider your priorities in life; location or peace?

Cheers

Whirls