PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CO & Indian ex-president
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 21:14
Donkey497

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Frankly it sounds as if the guy himself has set a superb example - i.e. no-one is exempt from security screening and went through exactly the same security checks as the rest of the passengers, rather than make a song and dance about being screened and create a double standard as the result.

As far as security is concerned, I don't give a flying four X who you are, or where it is.

EVERYONE should be publicly screened prior to boarding by professional & courteous government-paid staff to demonstrably the same global standard in adequate surroundings.

Passengers, air crew, presidents, ex-dictators , fathers of the nation, children, pets, etc.. - until proven safe, you are all potential hazards.

Ain't gonna happen tho'- it'd need governments firstly to take responsibility for implementing security & naturally the blame if & when something went wrong. (Yeah, like a politician would do that). Secondly it'd mean the governments actually paying a decent rate for the screeners and paying for proper equipment. Finally, they'd all have to agree to an independent body defining what were good security measures and practices which they couldn't directly control or influence.

I am not for an instant suggesting that the flight crews should be subject to the baggage restrictions as passengers, likewise the liquid restriction could be readily abandoned, just that there should be consistency, an application of common sense and practicality to the security process.