PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 20:16
low-and-loud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted the reply below a few hours ago, but it was put in quaratine for a moderator, because it was too long I think, anyway here it is.

Hopefully you will now go a little easier on me once you read my story and the specifics of my complaint.

I will respond to all the accusations and criticisms tomorrow.

I certainly didnt mean to offend anyone by refering to posts as childish, but bragging about altering a poll trying to help people who are seriously affected by this issue is not the behaviour I would expect from professionals.

--------

Blimey Whirls, quick reply! I appreciate your time.

Right, I bought my house recently, intentionally away from airports and railway lines as I like a quiet life. Little road noise and no other noise to speak of, a bit of a quiet oasis in Surrey. Dont think I am some lucky rich guy, the only thing going for this house is the quiet, it has cost us dear in many ways, and now we dont even have the quiet we paid so much for.

The isse is mainly with commercials (I think, it can be very hard to tell, and trust me I have tried). I am getting quite good at telling them apart. I am getting up to 20 flights a day directly over my house, height no idea but it really does not look that high, I am sure it is around the 1000 feet mark (which is legal, I know, but legality is not the issue). I hear them from up to a minute away and when the go over, my god it is like a runway at heathrow sometimes.

No matter what I do I cannot complain to anyone, CAA not interested, council not interested, MP's pass the buck.

I dont see why they have to follow a "route" over my house, it is open air space so cant we have a bit of randomness, when they are in the distance (say half mile away) and pass the house, things are nowhere near as bad. I know they are probably following land features, but come on have a bit of thought for the people continually disturbed below.

I think 5 a day directly overhead is acceptable, but when it gets to 20 I get very angry and that is when I start investigating what direct action I can take. It is so frustrating as there is nobody to say to "come on guys, give us a break and make your noise somewhere else for a few hours" I am not a NIMBY, but I think that it is only fair the noise and disturbance is shared (and minimised eg unnecessary flights, but that is another issue....)

Over to you........