PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Cityline selection
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 19:44
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lufthansa Cityline Questions

What's the latest at Lufthansa Cityline? I realise they are not hiring with the downturn and probably won't hire for a long while... I do have a bunch of questions if people have time:

1. When they were hiring in the past, how was aircraft selection made for newhires (i.e., CRJ or Avro)? Was it based on fleet need or experience? Does the Avro pay more than the CRJ-2/7/9 or is that no longer an issue? Why would a person have a preference of one type vs. another (i.e., does one offer a better schedule or better routes)?

2. With the E195s coming, will the Avro be phased out over 2009 and 2010? What is the phase out schedule for the Avro?

3. What is the pilot "flow" relationship between Cityline and LH mainline? Is there a direct link from Cityline to LH (when economic times are good and there are vacancies at LH) or do Cityline pilots have to apply like other pilots from other airlines (direct hire)? Would a Cityline pilot have an advantage over an Air Berlin pilot interested in a LH vacancy (if one is open - I realise ab initio pilots get most of the slots)? Is there a formal pilot flow relationship between Cityline and LH?

4. What do Cityline pilots like and dislike about flying for Cityline? Is QOL considered quite good? In good economic times, what attracts pilots to Cityline vs. other carriers like Air Berlin/LTU, Hamburg Airlines, and others?

PMs are welcome. Cheers