PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 18:50
Miles Gustaph

Location: Behind a dusty desk, and in some really hot, dusty, wet and cold places subject to who is paying the bill. But mostly Gods own land.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go...

I love it, the noise coalition web-site wont let you join if it thinks your "one of them", yet the PPRuNe website, which is mature enough to let aircraft haters join gets rewarded by an accusation of being "childish and selfish" sorry it may be me but I think there's some irony there...

As for the "the inevitable legislation" I'm sorry but I'm really tired of hearing this drivel... there is plenty of legislation out there to deal with aircraft noise the fact that you didn't get the answer you wanted from your mean local council, or your lawyer, or that the American embassy turned down your request to sell you anti-aircraft artillery to deal with your problem or the fact that it actually turns out the 6000+ aircraft movements a year over your garden pagoda is actually 6. 2 of those were probably the police stopping the criminal fraternity from nicking your or your neighbors car, 2 were maybe the local air ambulance, almost certainly paid for by charitable donations (bad charities, bad!) saving someones life... no helicopters are not used for any medical emergency because they are expensive, so it was important, i.e Lifesaving, maybe a coastguard aircraft, again bad coastguard saving peoples lives, and one private aircraft...rich tosser ruining everyone's lives eh?

I'm sorry this is an old argument from people who are grumpy that they can't get their own way and stop people doing something they don't like. No there won't be any more legislation because your grumpy, get over it, become more tolerant of your fellow man & his machine.

If you truthfully need a crusade at least make it a worthwhile one, world peace, feeding the homeless, save the whatever, but get off your soap box and start to enjoy the world, and if that doesn't satisfy that inner need to bitch and complain just let us know where you live and I'm sure that there will be a PPRuNer who will be happy to drive a motorbike up and down your road doing the whole screemy engine thing to put the evils of noise in modern society in perspective... O I'm sorry your into motorbikes, I bet all your neighbors love you, bet you don't annoy any of them with your motorbike, but isn't that different, it's different because it's you making the noise.