PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 18:40
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
L and L,

Perhaps you might take a moment...actually a few hours sometime....stand out in your garden (if you have one) and do an inventory of noise sources and time them.

I would bet the major source of noise (besides the Missus and Curtain Climbers) will be Lorries, Trains, Cars, and Sirens (the noisy kind....on car tops) and perhaps some airplanes....and finally way down at the bottom of the list....helicopters.

Get a meter and record the volume in Decibels and again I bet the helicopters are still way down on the list.

The problem with living in a very confined space such as the UK....one has to give up the peace and tranquility of an isolated location.

I thought I had found a lovely spot a few weeks ago here in the US....anchored my sailboat at the north end of the Alligator River in eastern North Carolina. Ah...yes....solitude in the absolute middle of no where....until the USMC showed up with F/A 18's and Harriers doing practice bombing runs.

You think helicopters are noisy!

At least I enjoyed the free airshow....especially after flashing the mirror at them....and getting a low pass and wave!