PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 18:32
SouthDerbyshire1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the cameras, whether they actually work in the same way as the Specs cameras which are littered around the M1 and Notts im not 100% sure but seeing as theres hardly anything to them...talk about bloody small! then i cant see them being in the same league as the Specs for capturing info.

I did alittle digging and found that the ANPR cams work of the Pips technology (spike cams) also in their range they do a speed detection camera but it doesnt look anything like what the airport has installed so as far as im aware the only average speeds camera's in the country are the Specs systems and the Spike Pips system but searching on various speed camera databases the Pips systems arent used anyway unless its just for ANPR use so again

What gets my back up is the fact that..

1. The cams are so bloody small you cant see them until your right next to them (even if they are yellow) ive spoke to people that have looked for them and still missed them!

2.The warning sign for the cameras is also on the same lamp post as the camera! which from a legal point of view is clearly wrong + the sign is way to small!

So i cant wait to hear what the airport has to say about all this