PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 17:37
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calm down boys!!

I am no fan of Ryanair, but not because of what they offer, rather that their position in the market is now so strong that lots of other airline have followed them down market and i don't just mean price, the problem is for many is that it leaves a bad taste, one only has to watch the police trying to defuse some situation where and ordinary Joe has blown his stack beacuse Ryanair want to charge him £30 to bring on board the oversized piece of Chocolate that he has bought his Daughter in the terminal, in the longer term this puts people of travelling

The other thing is that the Goverment have watched MOL build up 60m paxs or what ever and thought com on Darling we will have some of that, who knows where it will end?

If you take the name away (Ryanair) and talk about a modern fleet of aircraft that fly's to many of the places you want or need to go to and more than afew you've never heard of that are 99% on time and have 99%+ despatch rate it should be a good business to be in? sure the passenger would like a little (or a lot) more TLC but they have yet to demonstrate that they are willing to pay for it? until someone comes along with with a viable alternative that has a lower seat cost per Km then i don't see it, Jet2 must be close with the 757 given their wage cost, but that won't work on every route and not every small airport can handle a 757 unless they find a way of putting airstais on them!!!

Last edited by INKJET; 22nd Jul 2009 at 17:57.