PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 17:30
low-and-loud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just stumbled across this thread after searching the Internet for activity relating to anti helicopter noise in Surrey.

As you can probably tell by my username I am one of those NIMBY's you refer to, I am actually a normal guy who rarely complains about things but have been driven to action by the level and regularity of noise in my area.

Of the many posts in this thread, the majority in my opinion are childish and selfish, there was one helpful one by AndyJB32 suggesting that maybe the complainers point of view is worth discussing over a beer.

I am not suggesting we have a beer however if any of you want to discuss the issues surrounding helicopter noise then please reply and I will discuss.

I am active on many formus relating to my specific areas of interest (motorbikes and model helicopters) and have seen posts on the bike forums where an anti has joined in and been shot down and not given the chance to voice their side, I hope that helicopter pilots are above that!

You never know, you may learn something that enables you to appease the complainers and help delay the inevitable legilation which can only adversely affect you.

On the other hand, this may be a dead post that has no chance of resurrection and my post count will forever stay at 1