PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:44
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been fully occupied changing my broadband supplier, phone and T.V from B.T to Sky and my time has been taken up writing threatening emails and phone calls . Still no sign of going off and on line.. Trouble obtaining M.A.C No, and transferring .Had the item below saved in M.S Word for a few days,. and intended to add final days at ‘heavy con’ buy decided to post now.

Paula R.A.F in Oklahoma in Facebook
Or gen from Oklahoma 19/07/09

Paula K. Denson
Paula K. Denson
It would be fun if you could go. It is open to others so perhaps another year? Lots of places I still want to go. I am going to a RAF in Oklahoma book signing tomorrow at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. It should be fun. I enjoy seeing the planes and it helps me sell books. Out of 1000, I am now down to about 100. Guess I will have to write another. Ha.
Yesterday at 1:59am
What's New
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Royal Air Force Day in Oklahoma - Saturday, July 18 (Tulsa Air and Space Museum)

Royal Air Force Day in Oklahoma is dedicated to the young British troops who trained in the skies over Oklahoma during World War II. There is an unconfirmed quote attributed to Winston Churchill that says, "The Battle of Britain was won in the skies of Oklahoma." True or not, it speaks to the thousands of young men who trained in Oklahoma. Flying from bases in Miami and Ponca City they learned to fly first, the PT-19 primary trainers or PT-17, and then they moved up to the BT-13 and the AT-6 advanced trainers. Once the cadets earned their wings, they returned to England to help win the war. Some of the young men lost their lives in training accidents and are buried in Oklahoma cemeteries. Their graves are tended to this day by Oklahomans who honor them for making the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of freedom.

FROM TULSA AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM.
Planned are several activities to play tribute to these World War II British cadets.

Beginning at 10:00 AM

Military vehicles on display

Book Signing

Paula K. Denson of Ponca City, author of The Royal Air Force in Oklahoma: Lives, Love and Courage of the British Aircrews Trained in Oklahoma During World War II.

Aircraft on display (weather permitting)

AT-6 10:15 AM arrival

BT-13 10:20 AM arrival

Aircraft will depart at approximately 4:00 PM. (Schedule is subject to change.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Brakedwell for offer of lenses, but I do have some of the type already mentioned Stadium MK V111.

REG I watched T.V program , excellent.