PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF piot retrenchments
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 13:15
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Settle down lads, this is history repeating its self, and in a couple of years time recuitment will be on again, big time, at my age I have been thru waiting for the shoulder tap on more than one occasion, it did not come, but I know the waiting feeling. As you are all probably aware the JQ boys and girls are flying their butts off, indeed some have been called in from holidays to work, especially on the A330, whilst QF pilots are sitting on their arses, also on the A330, and it is being strongly considered to send 6 A330's wet (both tech and C/C) to JQ, the A/C in JQ colours, tech crew on QF wages, c/c in JQ uniforms and on QF wages,to ease the situation, now this might enrage some of you even more, some will be grateful for the work, some will say you can wave goodbye to those A330's they will be lost in a big black hole known as JQ for evermore, but whilst the travelling public are using JQ more than ever and mainline is in the doldrums due to the economic climate it makes sense, because like it or not it is JQ that is bringing in the bacon right now. Now before you all start blowing your gaskets (both JQ and QF) it is only being cosidered, my source? somebody up very very high in JQ (not a pilot) it might not happen, but it could, and there is bugger all you can do about it in this current situation, if for no other reason than at least some of you are working, even if it makes some of you QF blokes feel like throwing up as you board, it beats not working and feeling extremely uneasy all the time, time will tell.