PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 12:15
Wader2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stuart955
times is best apply for pilots, as they are at an all time shortage with the impending introduction of about 100 new jets - "although we don't have them yet, we need trained pilots ready, as opposed to new planes and no one to fly them."

So I'm wondering, when he says now is a good time to apply, what sort of time span is 'now'?

(I don't want to apply right now as I've come to realise I'm not ready yet - I'm going to join a UAS or URNU
Last, first, by apply NOW do you mean stop your university course? If that is what you meant, simple, don't, get your degree.

As for spoiling your chances by not applying now, no.

I know someone who joined the RAF to fly Typhoon - same deal, we are short of pilots.

I met him on his sqn ldr command tour at Leeming about 6 years or so ago. He was OC YUAS and his potential for ever flying a Typhoon out of the window.

Will we get the aircraft before the carriers? Will we get the aircraft? Will we get the carriers? Will Labour win the next election?