PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 11:43
bigdaviet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although its fair to say that there are passengers out there who have a bad experience and then vow never to fly with the likes of ryr,ezy etc. again, they are way outnumbered by the millions around europe who understand how to work a simple booking process (albeit a little bit sneeky,) play the game and end up with a flight that is much cheaper than the alternative and more often than not more direct. I do not agree with all the hidden charges but the fact is even with all the charges the fare is usually much cheaper.

I've flown with a whole host of low cost airlines in the past few years including ryanair, baby, easy, flybe, aerlingus, germanwings etc.

Taking into account the factors that the vast majority (and not, it seems the minority on here,) of passengers care about like cost of the flight including all the extras, punctuality and reliability I have consistently found ryanair, easyjet and most of the others to be excellent.

Indeed even when something has gone wrong the experience has been far better than some I recall in years gone by when i've paid hundreds of pounds to fly with the 'flag carriers' including london (oh sorry, british,) airways through the absolute nightmare that is heathrow. Waiting weeks for your suitcase, damaged bags, delays that are consistently more frequent and longer, missing connections and almost always a much greater cost for the ticket.