PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Helicopter Pilots Association
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 00:30
N Arslow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
froggy pilot - where do you put him? On incentive pay surely?

I have a couple of questions to throw at this...

Canadian residents have quite a hefty advantage through the OETC - should this be factored in?

How with a globally dispersed workforce, not only in terms of work location but also in residence do we carry out the comparison to other non-Global CHC employees? There is, for many of us, advantages in being 6/6 rather than following northern European schedules as we can be more flexible about where we choose to live. There is a price we are willing to pay for that.

So, while these comparisons are interesting I cannot help but think the picture is skewed quite drastically UNLESS the benefits received by area are also considered - and that makes for some horrible number crunching I am sure.

As I understand it each pilot group around CHC have negotiated separately, and the particular interests of each will have been represented. Comparisons on basic salary are limited in scope when taken isolated and also need not be limited to CHC companies alone. It will be up to the GHPA to determine the interests of its' own members to determine what needs proposing for a collective agreement. The global dispersal will, I have no doubt, bring a greater array of issues of concern, and greater emphasis will be placed on these rather than simply pay alone.

Interesting times ahead, hopefully to the benefit of all.