PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 22:50
staplefordheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeh great video of her thanks

Didnt go at the weeknd due to prebooked ticket requirement (dont get me started )

But me and my 10 yr old for firts time went down at stupid o clock Monday leaving Oakham at 03-00 in the morning and getting there some 100 odd miles later at 05:15!! so we got a grandstand seat in the East P and V to see her depart and what a sight it was
Little man still hasnt stopped grinning over the ammount of aircraft that we saw takeoff.
Elderly chap next to us was amazed he knew the registration number before 558 came round the txi way till I pointed out he has the "pilot" mag poster of her on his bedroom wall (i suppose it will be replaced by some girl band in a few years time )
made up for all those false trips last year and only seeing her static at Waddo
Had the odd flybys incl over the house en route to Yeovilton the other frid night but never see her takeoff since the days of going to Brunty for her fast taxis (well almost took off a few times )
Will have to upload all the video I took on youtube
Must say the B1B Lancer was also aweseome in a different kind of way.

BTW not seen it posted but the staff on duty and some of the regulars reckoned the P and V was busiest ever on Monday and had to hastily double the enclosure to cope with all the folks.
Not bad at £20 a head on the day (worth it though)
Vulcan effect again