PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cholmondeley Pageant of Power 2009
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 21:10
sweatshop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the messages of support guys and all the advice! Afraid my 3m brand new windsock on a 4.5m pole was 'disappeared' on Friday night by (I suspect) the light-fingered kids from the fairground motorhomes. I had to chase them off as they unplugged the generator for the ATC on Friday evening.
You're right about the bridge -the petrol heads don't want anything to interfere with their racing but I think we'll have to get a bridge or a crossing after every race class instead of every 2 classes.
We also need a set of portaloos -I felt very sorry for the ATC.
Finally a decent check in procedure -but those plans went out of the window when I found there were no marshals on the long straight and I was left having to run up and down the straw bales stopping some insane behaviour from the non-airside folks who couldn't get close enough to the Veyrons. Fortunately the organisers eventually saw what was happening and sent some dayglo chaps down to the crossing.
The award for services beyond the call of duty goes to the obvious guys mentioned in this thread who choppered in the 'celebs'. Cholmondeley will spend many years trying to repay them. Full VVIP for the rest of time I guess.
Whatever went well was because of the great teamwork, whatever didn't.. I guess I'll put my hands up.
Now that's all over I can get back to the day job and start earning again!