PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTC in trouble?
Thread: PTC in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 15:31
davelongdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience

I have done all the research and was attracted by all the big lights CTC and Oxford has to offer. So I decided to truly find out what it was all about.

I told CTC to knock their FlyBe assessment day to 100 euros and I'd hop over the Irish Pond to go through the PILAPT assessment and FNPT II Sim Check of which I didnt have a problem which. So they are like well we will contact you if you are successful to put you for a FlyBe Interview.

Shock Horror I was successful but before they put you for interview they sent me a form saying you wouldnt be guaranteed a job and that where would the 90000 euros for the course come from and when can it be ready for. So that was it.

Now i have budgeted to do my PPL, ATPL Theory with Bristol GS, Hour Building, Multi Engine, IR, CPL, MCC & Jet Orientation Course all in this country taking into account budgeting for failures for circa 40k and you end up with more flying time and experience in UK Airspace.

Just starting my ATPL Theory for Bristol Now and never looked back. by time you work out flights, accomdation at schools abroad theres no point, you dont get experience flying in clear skies with no air traffic in a desert.

Also heard rumours that first lot of FlyBe cadets have been offered jobs as cabin crew in mean time (spose its better than nothing). But how are you meant to justify 90k for a 25000 pound wage!!!!! Dont have a go if rumours arent true, as it has not been confirmed.

Hope its been of some use.