PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Defense Budget - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 10:47
Flyt3est

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say, I find all the "Scrap A400M" (buy American?) and "More UAV's" (American?) and other such remarks amusing..

You see chaps, Westland may well be useless, Airbus / EADS could be seen as the biggest cash drain in history, and BAe systems may just make your blood boil, however..

One day, as I did, you will leave Her Majesty's Service and seek gainful employment in civvy industry, then you may realise the importance of our primes, and the value they create for the millions of businesses in the supply chain. Your military pensions and green tinted view of the world will change, I assure you.

Now lets have no more of this "Scrap everything and buy yank kit off the shelf" claptrap. Instead of whining like big cissies, I think we ought to be thankful that finally the brass have backed old Gordon the Gopher into a corner from which there is no escape, and hopefully the momentum we have will see decent levels of resource, not just helicopters, where it ought to be.. with the boys!

Call me racist or whatever else, but the first politician who stops immigration , slashes welfare for the great unwashed and unwilling, and channels funds towards equipping the boys in a decent fashion will have my vote in an instant.

MP Expenses, Car industry bailouts, Bank bailouts, welfare state, immigration and an excessive civil service are all a shameful reflection of President Tony and Gordon the Goofer.