PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA288 Emergency at Phoenix
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 06:01
positionand hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted the second post on this thread, added a couple more, then just read with interest the ongoing conversations. I was initially dismayed to read William's first post, because it appeared to contradict the information I had provided earlier. However, Potential's later posts (I think he was seated in the same zone as my wife) appeared to support what I had said.

I had heard about the group of Pilots in Training who were on the flight (of whom I assume Potential was one). I have a PPL, although with no objective other than enjoying my leisure flying (in Arizona as often as possible). However, like Potential, I reckon it does give me a better understanding of how I would react to such a situation. Why is it that a disappointing number of long-term commercial pilots have such a sour view of PPLs ("spam cans", etc., etc...). Did they all wake up day and found they could fly a B737, or did they actually start by flying a C152?? (OK, or maybe some of them moved over from Mil flying).

It is interesting to read the recent post about the airline captain who was also on the flight and who also does not appear to have a high opinion of the evac procedures he witnessed.

Did any passengers hear anything at all from BA yet?? My wife has not and this seems seems a little disappointing so many days after the event (all the passengers were invited to completed a form with their contact details).