PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2009, 01:06
wes_wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There seems to be several postings missing. Someone posted that there have been several recent incidents all involving the A330, which in turn generated numerous ACARS during a potentially alarming time in flight. All similar to AF447. This posting prompted a quick and curt reply suggesting it was the ire of a legal firm looking to make publicity in order to turn favor for a rewarding litigation. Then, alakazam, they vanished. This post as well may go away.

But I would like to add, aviation has a history of similar incidents involving various aircraft type. Just staying with the turbo age, whirl mode with the Electra, metal fatigue with the Comet, the 707 stability and dutch roll issues, the sink rates of the 727, the DC9 tail, the DC10 was grounded, and hard-over’s with the 737 to name a few. A lot of tragedies, but I don’t recall it taking a bunch of lawyers to get government/industry to get it fixed.

Now, it sure seems you have an airplane that has a given problem repeated often. You can point figures at the legal community, but unless someone gets their arms around the obvious problem with this airplane, and soon, then I fear more accidents are likely. It has nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with Air Bus vis vis anyone else, nothing to do with law suits, it is simply common sense.