PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 20th Jul 2009, 21:41
pilot mji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I happen to be a wannabe pilot and apparently also an "ignorant idiot" (according to what I have been reading in these posts). I can't help but wonder, do the regulars to pprune set out to apportion blame and treat people like crap for asking a question? I have been a member of pprune for years and although I don't usually contribute I definitely get a laugh out of reading some of the posts on this forum. Most of the ones I have read have always been very negative. I don't understand why if someone asks a question in what is, after all, the "WANABEE" section of pprune, he gets bullied to the extent of being called names. I'm sorry but I have to say I'm appalled. Now my advice, even though i'm "ignorant", is of course to do what some of the people, after they finished insulting the guy, said. I am personally hoping to get some turbine time up in the next couple of months flying an aircraft owned by a distant cousin of mine. I am also quite interested in the "free flying" part time aspect of glider towing or in jobs in Africa flying safari tours in C206s and then on 208s, anything to get experience really. At the moment, as the market stands, I think getting down and dirty for a couple of years is the best way to do things. This was done by countless previous wanabees, still is and I think will be a way of "growing" as a pilot for years to come. I understand it is not feasible to expect to jump directly into the airlines but that is not going to stop me sending out CVs to absolutely everybody I can think of. You never know what their answer might be... For what I have just written I will probably have a pile of s**t flying my way in a couple of minutes, but I thought I finally had to say something. Anyway, I am preparing my umbrella in case of any runny replies...