PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 20:17
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stall warning

RE: Hyperveloce #3779

I am quoting from a requirement that must be met by all large (transport category) airplanes. Before the FBW age, the requirement was met by natural pre-stall buffet or, if the airplane didn't have that, by a stick shaker triggered at a certain AoA. I assume that the aural warning "STALL STALL STALL" meets that requirement for the A-330. Quoting from the ASR FGNIH AF908:

Suivi immédiatement de l'alarme STALL STALL STALL (sans l'alarme cricket associée) avec indication de TOGA LK.
Any system in the airplane should be designed to prevent "undue" stall warnings.

I would be interested to know if the A-330 stall warning, for any given configuration, is triggered solely by the AoA signal, or that it depends on the airspeed (pitot) -signal.

Regards,
HN39

PS: I should have added that other requirements specify that operational speeds, i.e. the minimum speeds flown intentionally by the pilot during takeoff, enroute and landing must have sufficient margin above the stall warning speed to prevent interference during normal maneuvering.

Last edited by HazelNuts39; 20th Jul 2009 at 20:29. Reason: text added