PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA BA Ballot 94% In Favour
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 15:44
Classic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pinkaroo wrote:
Talk the company into the ground whilst operating full aircraft with bulging coffers in the hope you will be able to chop back those pesky crew costs in order to raise profits and get that fat bonus before you retire.
You actually believe the Bassa line?
No-one outside Bassa's wendy house believes that BA and the industry as a whole isn't in dire trouble.

Do you genuinely believe that BA can afford to pay twice the market rate and endure such restrictive inflexiblity in its cabin crew department, and still remain competitive with the likes of LH, AF, VS etc, even after the current recession? Premium travel has changed, permanently. Everyone, including those travellers themselves, says so. Having 7 c/crew on an A321 with no fixed links, or insisting on 16 crew on some LH flights, together with 2 local nights after an extra sector, simply don't provide the company with a competitive cost base after the market starts to recover. That's why BA has had to demonstrate that it's going to achieve these cost savings in order to get cash from the city to see us through the winter.

I realise that Pinkaroo lacks the analytical skills to recognise these facts, but it seems more and more crew that I fly with are gaining a voice, and are willing to question the Bassa line - they have to, before it's all too late and Bassa drive them into unemployment. It's to those crew I'm making this post.