PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lido - who use it?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 07:16
Schibulsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lauderdale, I never said LIDO is the best, I was just wondering about your attacks. I was using LIDO from day 1 with LH. I would call it the "dark ages of LIDO"...lots of teething problems. But basically the system is nowadays very successful, and that is simply because it performs well. I dont know what your specific examples are, you were mostly using scryptic hints for the "guys with experience within the industry".
What about the guys who handles the output of a FPL system? I talked to a friend at CFMU/IFPS and he confirmed that LIDO generated ATC plns are much less likely to be rejected and if they were, its a 50/50 chance that the IFPS is wrong! And I met a lot of pilots who could not believe that the fuel consumption was almost all the time identical with the OFP numbers.
When it comes to optimization it sometimes takes some experience to guide the system towards the optimum, thats mainly because of too many options like min time/fuel/cost. I never met anybody who switched to LIDO and was missing his former system.
At the end LIDO gives you what you pay for. Its basically like a BMW, initially nicely priced but with a huuuuuge list for expensive extras attached.
And YES, we are using LIDO at Emirates

BTW I also dont like the LIDO sales guys...but I couldnt care less

@Austin: please cool down a bit