PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates A345 Tail Strike Captain breaks his silence
Old 20th Jul 2009, 06:00
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChrisVJ

Very fair point, was only thinking of the incident and all its implications, might well be some legal reason regarding "responsibility", sadly that may not assist any investigation looking to ultimately improve methods, systems etc.

NSF
- where have I ever indicated (or "crowed" as you so inaccurately state) that this could never happen to me??

I make errors and mistakes all the time - as all humans do, it's unavoidable, however the ones I don't pick up are hopefully always so small to have no impact on overall safety.
What I HAVE said or implied is that I can never imagine making such a huge error as in this case as that would go against all the training, procedures, methodology, instinct, commonsense, gut feeling and occasional pure rat cunning I've accumulated whilst flying.

However thanks for thinking I'm a great bloke - big call seeing we've never met but in this instance, however you came to your judgement, your call's spot on!

Cheers all.