PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Staff Travel
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2009, 00:17
DeaLMeouT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with No Idea Either.

I don’t think anyone can complain about their staff travel until they experience staff travel at VB. It is truly an absolute joke. Not only are our uniforms a laughing stock around the world, the same goes for our staff travel policies.

You cannot occupy an exit seat, even if you are paxing. You cannot sit forward of an over wing exit. No upgrade (and I use the term “upgrade” loosely) to premium economy. No one else sits in them. It couldn’t hurt to have a few nicely dressed staff travelers sitting there. It might even help promote the red seats to other pax? The majority of times when I have called staff travel with some Q’s the standard response is… “It’s all online”.

I have had the “privilege” (no sarcasm) to have experienced staff travel with three other airlines in my career. It was a beautiful thing. Unlimited free travel on your own airline. Free automatic upgrades. Free travel on some negotiated “other airlines” Complete online booking systems with to the minute detailed load factor information. The perks go on…………

Most people at VB are oblivious to what staff travel other airline provide to their employees. If only they knew.

As for QF staff at LAX, Fliegenmong is spot on!

I have staffed traveled on QF through LAX no less than six times and I can tell you that they really do treat staff travelers like third rate inhabitants. They seem to have a keen eye to spot airline employee even before you get to the check in counter. And once they verify that you are…its all downhill from there. The whole nonsense of making you wait right to literally the last few minutes before departure can be very stressful and is completely unnecessary. There will be no one else around except a handful of staff travelers waiting to find out if they are even getting on the flight and they completely ignore you until they are good and ready to acknowledge your existence. It is totally uncalled for.

Airlines here in Australia have a lot to learn on how they treat their employees. “We are a family here at Bull****e Airlines”, “It’s the employees that are the heart and soul of this airline”, “Without the tiresome efforts of our employees we would not be able to operate so successfully”, bla bla bla bal!!!

Show us your appreciation and give us real staff travel benifets!!

Just my two cents worth anyway.