PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way of complaining to BA.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2009, 17:38
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way of complaining to BA.
I booked a ticket with BA in Denmark. Unfortunately they decided to charge my credit card 7000 GBP instead of 7000 DKK, the exchange rate is around 8 to 1. This of course destroyed my current account and I am looking at some fairly hefty interest charges, I am just lucky that the bank has not stopped my cards.

I would like any advice on how to word the letter to customer services to get the interest repaid. Should i suggest that upgrading my outbound flight would make me a bit less annoyed, or let them guess? Who is it best to write too? Is there a legal angle, breach of contract etc?

It is a real shame as I like flying with BA.
Are credit card and current accounts linked in Denmark? Seems a daft way of doing things.

If you did it on BA.com it normally calculates the fee in local currency by using the country you chose when you first used the site. Unfortunately it stores this as a cookie and whenever you go on the site again with that computer it'll automatically choose that country again.

I found this when I used my laptop to book flights from different countries you need to be real careful to make sure the final figure is quoted in your currency. Not saying this has happened here but it's something to watch out for.

As for contacting BA, if you paid by credit card it's probably going to be much less hassle to get in touch with the card provided and let them sort it out. If you paid with your current account debit card then I don't think you have the same protection and will need to write to the address below (its still worth checking with the bank to see if they can help).

Denmark

British Airways
Customer Relations
Postfach 28 61 18
D-28361 Bremen

UK

British Airways
Customer
Relations (S506)
PO Box 5619
Sudbury
Suffolk
CO10 2PG

Tel - 0844 493 0 787 (from the Uk)

Hope this helps a bit at least

p.s. I double checked the Denmark contact and it is correct even though it's just over the border in Germany