PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 19th Jul 2009, 14:47
ford cortina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Son you will come out of training with 200 hours experience.

I take it you want a job in a Airline. You are a unknown quantity to them. You don't know how to operate a Boeing, Airbus, Dash8, RJ100 etc...so then you are unemployable, in th current market place. I have friends with hours on type, airline experience on Boeing and Airbus and cannot get a sniff, they are ready to go straight into a OPC and start in a few weeks, not a few months as you are.

Cabair have sold you a dream, it is obtainable, but it will cost you lots more money and pain. If you are really lucky you might get a chance with Ryanair, but don't hold your breath as they have lots of recruits and are slowing down Type rating courses.

You are training to be a professional Pilot, use that common sense that you have and look, do some research.

Your comment about living abroad and freight is just silly. I share a house in Africa, where I am now, with a very highly experienced Captain who did 15 years Freight, he loved it, it is no different to the Human kind, just quieter.
I did not intend to work here, along with most of the crew down here, but we are all B737 drivers and you go where the work is.

Hope you have a back up plan in order to help service your debt.