PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 19th Jul 2009, 13:27
Frankly Mr Shankly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst having some sympathy with someone faced with little prospects of employment after incurring a debt, reading your posts thus far, it really appears you have gone into this with eyes somewhat closed, and begs the question, what did you really expect come the issue of your CPL/IR with 200 hours?

You say things were a bit iffy when you started, but the writing was clearly clearly on the wall I'm afraid.

And asking what websites are out there, come on now, it's not hard to find them. And if you're in training now and don't know yet where to look, or indeed that it's a surprise to you that the jobmarket is in freefall, you really really ought to question your motivation for this career.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but compared to some guys in the same boat, it appears you are woefully ill prepared!! This isn't a personal attack on you, just the way it strongly appears reading your posts, and it may serve as a warning to others, but I doubt it.

"Who would want a newly trained F/O with no experience compared to thousands who are pilots from other airlines chasing jobs"

Precisely!

Google Flight International jobs if you want, but don't hold your breath. Also www.PPJN.com for a general overview, but again, ditto.

Good luck, I genuinely wish you well, however I fear this won't be the last thread of this ilk, others will follow.