PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest with AeroLogic (German 777F Operator)?
Old 19th Jul 2009, 10:40
jumbomax11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically MD11F is right but I wouldn't express it as drastically as he did!

As long as at Lufthansa Cargo Management count Aerologic as their Baby in my view its a clear sign their longtime strategy is to close the present LCAG airline with the MD 11!
At present they say the Aerologic 777 are going to fly the DHL rotations from Leipzig during the weekdays and during weekends they will do some other LCAG flights. All those flights are operated by the LCAG MD11 at present!
Later they will say oh, the 777 are so much more efficent than the MD11 and will increase the rotations on the LCAG network more and more, until
only a few MD11 are left.
Then they will find other reasons like night curfew at FRA which is being discussed now and the age of the md11 or so to shut down the whole LCAG airline as it might not be commercially viable!
All the present flights will be operated by Aerologic or Jade Cargo then!
So all the jobs at LCAG are lost for the Lufthansa pilot workforce then!
Why they always denied to comit to a successor Aircraft to the MD11?

And to those of you who think Lufthansa pilots are no way interested to go to Shenzen to fly the Jade Cargo 747's I can tell you are just wrong!
In many discussions with Lufthansa pilots I found out so many guys were willing to relocate to shenzen, as well as Leipzig, but they were excluded from these jobs!