PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EgyptAir in hot water with the EU
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2009, 06:55
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew EgyptAir domestic some years ago (B737, Abu Simbal-Aswan). On departure, with cabin crew still walking in aisles helping pax stow baggage etc, we commenced taxi. With one FA taking a 'happy snap' photograph for a honymooning couple sitting in the row one ahead of me (Row 10), I looked out the window and commented to my wife that the pilot was taxiing rather fast. I then realised - at about the same time as the FA did - that we were in fact, quite advanced in the takeoff roll.

The poor girl threw the camera to the honeymooners and made a dash for her (forward) jump seat. We were airborne and at ~ 15 degrees nose up body angle for the last three or four metres of her run for her seat, which was conducted on her hands and knees. She was finally hoisted into her seat by her colleague - and my wife and I were apparently the only two on board who found this to be in any way unusual.

On a later flight into Cairo, it seemed to me that almost every passenger on board was on his/her mobile phone as we passed 10,000' on descent to call the wife/office to tell them the landing time.