PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA BA Ballot 94% In Favour
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2009, 00:14
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
caudillo

You mention the pension fund. How can BA raid the pension fund (not to mention it has a £3bn deficit)? BA needs every saving it can find and it speaks volumes about where we sit as a group that the Flight Ops target was set at the figure it was. If I accepted your argument about Flight Ops savings being so small as to be pointless, which I don't, I can just hear the howls of complaint from other groups that 'greedy pilots have got off with no changes again' when BASSA are already claiming that in their mis-information to their members.

You seem to believe in industrial might, and we are a powerful group, would win the day. I seem to recall Arthur Scargill thinking the same or how about Sabena?
Remind me what happened to Swissair, Pan-Am, British Caledonian and others too numerous to mention.

Willie Walsh screwed us over Open Skies although subsequent world events have stuffed that company anyway, it will be gone in not many months. WW will sort the obstructive unions and the BA's cost base once and for all and it will be leaner and fitter for it. Your inference that we (pilots) rolled over is an insult to the people who give up their time to represent us and whose judgement I trust. You plainly disagree.