PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2009, 00:06
blackbandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh AFBL, surely you account for those things when you are working out fuel loads. No standby generator at both ends sounds like a bit of a porkie. If you were operating with those conditions, you were operating outside the law. If you are stupid enough to risk your own life, well I hope I am not in the back of any aircraft you are driving. A single NDB? Poor baby. Thats how it worked for years. The ability to fly an NDB approach is the most basic requirement of an instrument rating. Alternate 90 minutes away, awwww, it doesnt matter how far the alternate is away, provided you are carrying the fuel required under your company fuel policy. All of the above just goes to show the lack of exposure most pacific pilots have.

Fly elsewhere in the world, get some experience, and only then will you realise how benign the pacific is.

An interesting post frigate. It comes as no surprise you have numerous sets of wings and have worked for numerous operators. A word of advice my boy. It doesnt look that good on a resume. ( You may need to start sending it out soon if you're employed by OA, but then again you're basically working for free anyway).

I love the facts. they just dont lie.