PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirAsia: Plane delivery to be partly deferred
Old 18th Jul 2009, 14:59
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes James.T,

I think the sad thing here is that TF was given a golden oppertunity to do this right. Build at a slow and steady pace. Remain private for 5+ years and in so doing build a strong foundation and in essence remain below the radar. There was no need to go public except to line their pockets. It sure looked to me like a smash and grab stratergy. I still wonder what became of the original Tune Air team that planned the aquisition from DRB Hicom. I think they were the real brains behind the initial operational success story. But, none are still there. And I believe none of them got what was promised to them money wise and thats why they left, and I hope to greener pastures. I believe that one of them is the driving force behind MAS's new route revenue stratergy and well to be frank MAS's prices are in many cases cheaper than AK's with the solid schedule and ancillery services associated with their service standards to boot. I just hope the Malaysian tax payer is spared from footing the bill if this house of cards comes down. I guess what really screwed up a lot of things here are TF's big mouth and ego. There is a lot to be said about a quiet achiever with honesty, integrity and a genuine heartfelt need to build in the interest of employees and customers. Sadly there doesn't seem to be many that have that vision.