PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fury at Def Sec over Helicopter Shortage
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2009, 11:32
Front Seater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid that the whole maritime pre-embarkation training and currencies do not fit well with the 16 Air Assault Brigade operational and exercise plots, amphibious operations just do not factor in the AH training or mindset. We cetainly no longer have the experience or the crews to sustain a true amphibious capability (agreed, double earmarking was a ruse to convince the Navy to let go of their Lynx sqn).

Clockwok Mouse,

What is your point and relevance? Of course Land run all BH, through JHC

If as has been said there is funding available and if there is a real chance of trying to rectify some of the previous issues that historically could not be tackled due to lack of resources/money, then I would agree that if CHF was to be taken seriously and JHC did really want to deliver an amphibious capability (that also assisted with the land campaign and current operations), then maybe instead of cobbling together RAF CH47 and AH that are really not interested in or resourced to sustain a maritime capability, then maybe replace the RM Lynx with AH at the same time as sorting out the Sea Kings.

I too do like the idea of Wattisham having a rest (with CHF taking up the weight when the RM Bde deploys) - and I also am not too sure how concurrently doing 16 Air Assault's business (on operations and NOCP) and also supporting the RN will go down with Mrs Front Seater.

I do not get paid enough to make these decisions, but there are people out there that do, and as per the whole SH debate I agree we really cannot progress anywhere with any efficiency or speed to rectify the present situation unless we know where we are going and how we want to fight our wars and campaigns in the future.

Last edited by Front Seater; 18th Jul 2009 at 11:48.