PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Shar Decision - Questioning "Their Lordships"`
Old 25th May 2002, 14:10
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts
Sorry Arty, it wasn't meant to be bravado, I was simply responding to Jackonicko's assertion that the RN consumes (and has consumed) a disproportionate share of the defence budget.

Also I was making the point that for the same amount of money we can make more of a contribution to multinational operations by conributing naval forces that we could by adding more aircraft (compared to x hundred from the USAF/USN/SSMC).

I just saying that there is no "one size fits all" solution, we need different tools for different jobs. Therefore we need airpower AND landpower AND seapower.

Thats all.

As for my point about enforcing emargoes, I was simply pointing out that FJs and MPAs cannot put boarding parties aboard merchant vessels. I accept I could have worded it better. No offence intended to anyone!

Jacko, please explain your assesrtion that losing organic air defence will save lives? What about the guys and girls aboard the ships that are hit?

Last edited by WE Branch Fanatic; 25th May 2002 at 15:32.