PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's going on at Bankstown?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2009, 07:19
WIKI44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot comment on specific owners of flight schools, but it is bloody hard to run a business and keep every single person involved happy. At every school there will be those who feel happy with the services provided, and others who leave completely unsatisfied. Lately though, it seems the people who are unhappy with the terms and conditions/level of service/quality of training they receive is increasing. I don't think most owners are plotting to screw over their students and staff. Most of them work pretty hard to keep the business going, and especially so now. There are exceptions though (CJ in PMQ for ex.)

The international student market, on which some of the schools in BK have relied on for the bulk of their business, has seen a stark decrease over the last few months. These schools also neglected the local market in the last few years, for the more consistent influx of foreign students. In the last few months these schools have been trying to reach out to the local market again, but it seems some other schools in and around the area have that market cornered.

With the expansion in terms of staff, aeroplanes etc, during the last couple of years, costs have shot up - costs which demand a steady inflow of students. These students are not materializing in the numbers required. It is a very difficult situation, and I hope these schools survive; for the sake of the students and staff.

@GA715 - it is obvious from your recent posts that you seem to be relishing the situation at that particular organization. There are some fantastic people working there, and quite a few students who are hoping to finish their course.