PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble in the United Arab Emirates
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2009, 06:02
Cyberbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was never ANY doubt from my side, that Dubai is not even anywhere near the picture, they want to sell us!
it's all smoke and mirrors here- the world, the Palm Deira, and partially the Palm Jumeirah pretty much stopped their developments - the Burj Dubai Tower Area way over 60% down in value - if any - its rather price;

so my strategy: collect some more command hours under my belt, sent my family back to Europe, reduce my spending to less than 7000 Dirham/month in the UAE, and send the rest of the money straightaway out of the stricken country/ towards switzerland;
also i've got me a second passport/ all hush-hush habibi -you never know/, and don't keep more valueables & property on my hands than i can put in my two suitcases;
so - if i really have to - i can leave the sinkin' ship dubai in days - even tomorrow or this afternoon (!)- if i'd sign over my car to my friend - who is real estate broker &looking desperately for a new job, and had to sell his Porsche Boxster to pay his rent!

Well - the party's pretty much over here - the last one standing (with property still on his hands) without a seat (sold it in time) is the loser in these greed driven property-flipping game.

I'm well prepared - and saw it coming since two years - see my older posts!

Last edited by Cyberbird; 18th Jul 2009 at 12:16.